Big shout 2 every G Unit Family® member for showing us love and support. This is our 2nd interview right here. We (me and Pat) had the opportunity to interview G-Unit's Mike Knox who has been down with G-Unit for almost 7 years now. Enjoy reading and tell us what you think about it. Peace!
1. First we heard about you being down with G-Unit was back in 06 when you dropped the "Man On Fire" hosted by Tony Yayo... When did you get in touch with G-Unit for the very first time?
I was introduced to 50 Cent by a friend of mine named Steve Brodie. Tony Yayo got me in the door, he always was riding with me from day one and I am forever in debt to him for that. That's my brother from another mother. Whatever he says is a go, no matter if he's wrong. To me he is gonna be the bottom line.
2. We would like to know what's your relationship with the G-Unit squad, are you an official G-Unit member? And tell us something about the G-Unit Philly movement.
As far as my situation with G-Unit, that's home, that's family, no matter what nothing changes that. G-Unit Philly was a movement I created with some artists from my city. Things just didn't work out, so we moved on. It was a little wild for a second but that's the past.
3. We went through some old DJ Kool Kid and DJ Wreck tapes and we heard some of your older joints on them, tracks with well-known Philly artists like The R.A.M. Squad, Hedonis, Ab-Liva to name a few, so looks like you already had a big reputation in Philly back then. Tell us something about the beginning of your career, when did you first start with Hip-Hop and who was your influence back then?
The Streets have always been an influence, my life and what I go through. People have no idea but I'm still standing (SMH). The first time I heard Biggie I knew I wanted to to it.
4. Your last couple of mixes were on a very high level and when we see your tweets it seems like you are a very hard-working artist. Which responses do you get from people about your music, do they appreciate your hard work?
Yeah, people show me a lot of love. I have been getting a lot of overseas love as well. It exciting to know people listen to me overseas. It's a shock to me and I feel blessed as well. They keep me going. I work so hard in the studio, the engineer falls asleep. They think I'm crazy because I won't stop.
5. What's your favorite track you recorded so far?
I would have to say the record you haven't heard yet.
6. Tell us something about your upcoming "See Me Later" album... Which guest appearances and which productions can we expect on it?
I don't think I will be using that title anymore, I am not sure. I have heavy production as well as features on the album. Just be ready to be surprised.
7. We noticed that 50 gives you very much support in your career, he hosted the 2 "Boston George" mixes and recorded his part to "Get Gully". Will we get to hear more Mike Knox/50 Cent collabos one day?
Yeah, you will hear something really soon, we are working on some things right now. We just making sure it's right. He always holds me down, he's the realest person I met in this industry, he picks up when I call him and he is really in my corner and gives me great advice.
8. You made great commercials promoting 50 Cent's headphone line, SMS Audio. What's your opinion about those headphones?
The headphones are great, I can walk around and listen to music with no attachment, they are wireless. They give out great sound and you can't break them. That's the best part for me LOL.
9. We noticed that you take advantage from the internet to promote yourself. Did you notice how fast your music is floating around the net and do you get inspired by it somehow?
I take the good with the bad when it comes to the internet. My music comes from the heart. I know they won't like every record but I do what I feel is right. They still have not heard me at my best, I got a lot of heat. I fell back from the blogs and just been focused on the music. They gonna feel the difference when I drop, trust me. Besides I got one of the best voices in the game, hands down. And I don't sleep, stay tuned!
Interview by K-Roll and PatrickGreeceAdmin
Ab-Liva, Mike Knox, Lady Merk & Boy Backs - Freestyle (1999)
Mike Knox - Fresh From Court (2012)
Follow us homies....support G Unit Family®